Alteration Policies, Procedures, and Agreement
Wedding, Debutante, and Quinceanera Gowns,
Wedding Party, Evening Gowns, and all other garments
- Garments with balances must be paid in full before alterations can begin.
- All alterations fees are due and payable in full at the first fitting.
- All seamstresses at d’Anelli Bridal work on a contract basis only and are not employees of d’Anelli. The seamstress is solely responsible for the quality and completion of the alterations discussed, paid for, and approved by the customer.
- Any concerns that arise with the fit of the garment, pricing, or any other issues must be discussed directly with the seamstress so that she can resolve the situation. Contracted seamstresses and d’Anelli Bridal have the right to refuse service to any individual, under any circumstances, at any time.
- Our seamstress’s are professional alterations experts, they may advise against certain structural changes that may compromise the integrity of your gown.
Pinning Fees: If you meet with the seamstress and decide not to continue with alterations, you will be charged a pinning fee. You have 3 days in which to make such decisions and alert the seamstress. There is NO cancellations for rush garments.
Wedding, Debutante, and Quinceanera Gowns Pinning Fee: $50.00
Bridesmaids, Mother-of-Bride/Groom, Evening, and other Garments Pinning Fee: $25.00
Scheduling: All Alterations require a scheduled appointment. Walk-in alterations are typically not available.
Please follow these guidelines when scheduling alterations appointments.
- We suggest calling 4-6 weeks before the desired appointment date to ensure the best appointment availability
– Wedding, Debutante, and Quinceanera Gowns 12-14 weeks before pickup
– Bridesmaids, Mother-of-Bride/Groom, Evening, and other Garments 6-8 weeks before pickup
- If dry cleaning is required prior to your event, an additional 3 weeks should be factored into the schedule. Dry cleaning is always an additional separate charge.
- If your alterations appointment is scheduled less than the required weeks before pickup, an additional priority fee may be applied at the first fitting, at the discretion of the seamstress.
Wedding, Debutante, and Quinceanera Gowns
Less than 8 weeks + $50.00
1 month turnaround + $75.00
2 week turnaround + $100.00
1 week turnaround + $250.00
Overnight + $450.00
Bridesmaids, Mother-of-Bride/Groom, Evening, and other Garments
2 week turnaround + $25.00
1 week turnaround + $50.00
Overnight + $100.00
- Wedding, Debutante, and Quinceanera Gowns typically require 3 appointments.
Bridesmaids, Mother-of-Bride/Groom, Evening, and other Garments typically require-1- 3 appointments
- Subsequent appointments will be scheduled by the seamstress at the end of your initial appointment.
Pricing: Fees are subject to variation based on the work required. Typical alterations for all gowns include side seams, hem, bustles, and bra cups. Additional and/ or custom changes may increase prices. Please ask the coordinator or a seamstress for details regarding specific custom changes.
Flat Rates Regardless of Garment
Bustles $15 per attachment point
Bra Cups $31.50 per pair (cups, tax, and labor)
Wedding, Debutante, and Quinceanera Gowns Average Price Range: $250.00 – $700.00
Mother-of-Bride/Groom, Evening, and other Garments Average Price Range: $48 – $250
Bridesmaids Average Price Range: $48 – $200
At the Appointment:
- First fitting appointments are scheduled for one hour for Wedding, Debutante, and Quinceanera Gowns, Mother and Evening garments. Bridesmaids are scheduled for half an hour.
- Shoes with proper heel height, and undergarments (including but not limited to: petticoat / slip, bra, spanx) must be brought to the first fitting and proceeding fittings.
- Please advise your seamstress of all items to be picked up with the dress on the specified pickup date.
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes late, or without proper shoes and/ or necessary undergarments, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment.
At the Time of Pickup:
- Please allow 30 minutes for the packing and preparation of Wedding, Debutante, and Quinceanera Gowns.
- Please allow 15 minutes for the packing and preparation of Bridesmaids, Mother-of-Bride/Groom, Evening, and other Garments
- Pickups are a scheduled appointment during regular business hours. Please contact the coordinator or your seamstress if other arrangements must be made.
- We strongly discourage trying on your gown at the time of pickup. If your gown has been pressed, it is ready for your special event and may wrinkle from additional handling and wearing.
- Second pressings are an additional cost and require extra time. Please contact your seamstress or the coordinator before the pressing date if you wish to try on your gown at the time of pickup.
** In these uncertain times, d’Anelli bridal and/or seamstresses will always do our best to accommodate our customers. However, we are not responsible for events being canceled or rescheduled.